Jennifer Roller Chontos
Areas of Law
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Property Law
- Premarital Agreements
- Post-nuptial Agreements
- Name Changes
- Estate Administration
- Equitable Distribution
- Marital Property Distribution
- Alimony Pendente Lite
- Complex Support Litigation
- Exclusive Possession of Marital Residence
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
- Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania – 1988
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania – 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit – 1991
Law School Attended
- University of Toledo
J.D. – 1988
- Bowling Green State University
B.A. – 1982
Associations & Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association : Member, Family Law Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association Children’s Issues Sub-Committee Co-Chairman.
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Fellows Program Member.
According to the Allegheny County Bar Foundation website, in 1996, the Foundation established the Fellows program as a formal means to:
- Recognize and honor attorneys who have shown a commitment to excellence in charitable, community, professional, and/or public service activities.
- Recognize a level of professional distinction in the legal community based on significant contributions.
- Create an endowment for bar foundation programs and foster new and innovative programs.
- Create an organization of members who recognize and accept the bar’s ongoing challenge to fund public service activities.
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association (NLSA) regular Volunteer representing parties in Protections from Abuse Petitions as well as in the Phone Clinic.
- Fifth Judicial District of Pennsylvania (County of Allegheny) regular Volunteer for people needing representation at the Client Services Self-Help Center.